Get Involved / Become A Member
MEMBERSHIP LEVELSAs an organization, we pride ourselves in fulfilling our mission to retain, empower, support and mentor women of color in the accounting profession. Membership in ABWA provides a sisterhood, a village in which we nurture and lift each other in both tangible and intangible ways. Highlighted below are our membership levels and some of the associated benefits:
|✤ Lic. / Professional CPA/Educators (+5 yrs)||$200|
|✤ Lic. / Professional CPA/Educators (-5 yrs)||$100|
|✤ Retired CPA||$75|
|✤ CPA Candidate (limited to 3 yrs)||$50|
|✤ Student (full-time undergraduate/graduate)||1st yr Free / $25 thereafter|
Pay Membership Dues
Professional Member Benefits:
• Association with influential network of black women accountants, leaders, and educators.
• Participate in monthly meetings, workshops, seminars and networking events.
• Become mentors to students and emerging professionals.
• Have opportunity to host events to showcase own business.
• Build referral source and develop business opportunities.
• Collaboration on projects.
• Engagement with community and other professional organizations through speaking and other opportunities.
Young & Emerging Professionals Benefits:
• Assignment to mentors who provide coaching on career path and personal development.
• Access to technical and professional development seminars.
• Attendance at monthly meetings and social events.
• Access to career resources including CPA exam with tips and strategies, job openings and financial assistance for exam where needed.
• Leadership training and development.
Student Member Benefits:• Quarterly scholarships. • Mentorship and coaching. • Opportunity to shadow professionals on the job. • Attendance at monthly meetings and social events. • Resume writing and interview tips. • Internships where available. • Interface at career fairs and events. • Workshops and leadership training.
We continue to participate in college and high school career fairs and school events in order to build awareness and educate students on the requirements for becoming an accountant, the importance of obtaining the CPA license and the opportunities and challenges within the profession. Past collaborations have included high school and colleges in both Los Angeles and San Bernardino Counties and with professional organizations such as the California Society of CPA and the California Legislative Black Caucus.
Please Join us In Making A Difference.
If you would like to make a difference, please download and fill out an ABWA Application and mail to:
7615 Etiwanda Ave., Unit 508
Etiwanda, CA 91739
If you would like to electronically fill or physically scan the document, please email the application to the following email address: