ABWA General Scholarship
If you are aspiring to have a career in finance or accounting, you can apply to the ABWA scholarship. The scholarship can help a woman of color on her journey to become a business woman by providing additional funds to use towards their college education.
The Rosemarie Pamela Brown Scholarship
This scholarship is designed to provide extra support to an exceptional woman of color looking to pursue a career in the accounting or finance profession. See application for further details. Each year one woman is selected from among the scholarship applicants to receive this special award.
Application period is from :
April 1, 2023 to Sept 15, 2023
Scholarship Award Amount:
up to $5,000
- Be a full- or part-time High School or College student seeking a career in accounting and/or finance.
- Have a minimum 2.75 GPA.
- Be a current Student Member of A.B.W.A. If you are not, please apply for a membership before continuing with the scholarship application.
First year membership for students is free. Use PROMO CODE: STUDENTMEMBER.
ABWA Membership Details & Registration
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong communication skills.
- Participation in ABWA community.
- Alignment with ABWA mission and goals.
- Financial need.
- An essay (no more than 1,000 words), describing the following:
- Your interest in accounting or finance.
- How your business education fits your life/career goals.
- How your goals/career aspirations align with ABWA's mission.
- Any challenges you have overcome in pursuing your goals or formative experience in choosing your goals.
- Why you believe you deserve this scholarship.
- A resume / work history / any leadership or volunteer activities (detailed LinkedIn profile if you have one).
- A Copy of your high school or college transcript.
- Two current letters of recommendation.
- A photo.
- A Student Aid Report (SAR) if you applied for federal student aid.
TIPS WHEN APPLYING
- ✅ TIP # 1 - You are required to be an ABWA Student Member and provide your Student Member ID # in order to submit your application.
- If you are not yet a Student Member, please VISIT THIS LINK ABWA Membership Details & Registration
- If you are a Student Member, proceed to Tip # 2.
- ✅ TIP # 2 - Be as thorough as possible on all documents that you are being asked to submit, as our board will consider all aspects of your application.
- ✅ TIP # 3 - This application process is completely electronic so it is best to have all of your digital items ready to upload when filling out the application. Please NOTE: the application times out at 20 minutes, so it is best to have all of your documents in one folder easily accessible on your desktop ready to upload.